Friday 30 September 2011

Narrative, Adaptation and Interpretation: Digbeth

For this project we have been asked to look at Digbeth, and especially the area around the River Rea. I went down to have a look with my group and  found that the area which most interested me was the Custard Factory area. I immediately began thinking about how these small businesses were not the main attraction when the majority of people come to Birmingham, and from there thought of making a TV advert for Custard Factory. 
Custard Factory

Shop Logos within the Custard factory
My story board consisted of a drawn New custard factory bag, breaking out of an old birds custard factory tin and from there the colorful buildings and artworks rise up and fit together. But,when i brought this story board back to my group, i was told that they preferred to have a much more real approach to the video.

Here are some videos to show the type of footage we want the final 3 minute documentary to look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment