Monday 21 May 2012

Caslon Project

In this project my script was the introduction to caslon himself. I did a bit of research into Caslon th person and why the font was required in Britain at the time.
Here is the script I had to work with :
 
-At the start of the 18th century, printing in England sunk to a low ebb.
-Everything from public prints to lecturing Bibles were shabbily produced, using battered old types.
-Not for nothing was English printing known as no more than ‘brown sheets and sorry letters’.
-It was left to providence and Caslon to avert a typographic disaster.

I storyboarded this idea for my script:

 

 I then created the following characters which I scanned in and created final copies off in Flash:

                        

 I thought this would be a brilliant oppertunity for me to start to learn flsh as it is a programme Ive been wanting to learn for a while. I used some shape tweens and hints to make this project happen and then composited the videos on After Effects.
Here is the Final video, I think its a great start to Flash for me:


No comments:

Post a Comment