Tuesday 4 December 2012

WEWANA: PLAY Commercial

This was a company I met at the Launch Conference and they are a start-up company who have an app that they want to take to market. I thought it was a brilliant piece to get involved in. Brian and I went to one of thier gaming events and said that we would like to create an advert for them to push thier app because it would be an amazing way to get our work out there through them. We first created an asset video, with minimal animation, but getting the text right and the general lay out in place.


The feedback from the company was positive so I went ahead and got creative with the animation  using this  video for timing. They wanted the new video to be faster and clearer that the product was a phone app. I started working on it and got really involved in my advert so Brian made his own version. Below shows how I used multiple comps and nulls to create big animations with the power of parenting. Using previous experience  in info graphic commercials I was able to get a decent balance in speed and quality, whilst trying to clearly communicate the message the company wanted me to. The owner of the company took this advert to the I series Multi-play Insomnia gaming festival and showed it to the boss at Call of Duty: Black Ops.
There are a few changes that still need to be made but its something which lies partly in how the guys at WEWANA: PLAY advertised the product to me. These changes will be made in due course. Here is the advert shown to the public so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment