Friday 10 May 2013

'Our Natural World' Opener


A 3rd year media student asked me to help her on a group project. They were making a webisode mockumentary series which looks at humans in the same way as safari documentaries look at animals. I was asked to animate a camera in space zooming into the earth, through the clouds and into a building where we come close to a dish with germs in it which form to create the title. I used the opening of The Big Bang Theory as my inspiration for this piece.


I started this process by putting all the main parts of the animation in the right place. I then sent it to my piers for their opinion and was told that it looked really fake when the camera came in through the ceiling. I fixed this before adding some extra bits to jazz it up like a beam of light around the earths circumference and colour correction. unfortunately I was not able to supply sound for this project but all was well because they did not ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment