Saturday 21 January 2012

Business of Animation- Chello Zone Promos

ITALIAN MONTH, 15 SecHere is the first attempt at the 'Italian Month' advert. I story-boarded this quickly but felt I had to see it on screen so that I could make improvements on it, I always work with the thought that the best way to do something is to re-do it. Because the theme is on italian food, its realy hard to get away from the whole resteraunt scene. The example video shown to us was also in a resteraunt which is annoying, I may do this animation- work on other projects and then come back to this when the creative juices are realy flowing. I thought bringing a chef into it would be a nice idea because sterotypical Italian chefs are always bragging how good thier food is.





I think this is good enough for now, as I say I will come back to this and improve it later.

SUGAR RUSH SUNDAYS, 5 Sec

I feel realy happy with this one. Before I herd the audio track we had to aniamte to, I had two ideas; the first was sugar cubes breaking free from a sugar pot and rushing over to the TV which would have 'Sugar rush Sundays' on. The second was derived from the fast pace editing of You Tube videos of a girl playing with cookery props and images of sweet foods flying around the screen. This is what the origional story boards looked like:


The drawings are fast and sketchy, because I was more concerned about creating the final images on Photoshop, rather than perfecting the story board, as this is the 'buisness of animation' the focus was on the final outcome, more than the pre production. The closest  idea to the audio was the sugar cubes, but as the audio was only 5 seconds long I changed the sugar cubes to sprinkles, and thought they could sky dive into ice cream!  and so heres the new story board:

And heres the animation:


I find my work looks a more and more professional as I do more projects.

I later decided to redo this aniamtion because there was not enough of  a variety of sweets on desplay. Aslo I wanted to have a go at playing with different types of text. So in this animation I learnt how to 'pre comp' effectively in After Effects, and pre comping effectively allowas me to go back and change any small part of the aniamtion without disrupting the rest of the animation. Here is the Final:



STREET FOOD MONTH, 5 Sec
I had a few ideas for this animation. I think all of them are as good as each other. The first idea was pretty long, it felt that aniamting this would not fit the sound clip. But still it was my favourite and i would make it work if I could. While making this animation I was still learning Adobe After Effects and wanted to experiment with textures and lighting.
The second idea (above) was simple but I think it has been done before. I was actually planning to go out and film a fast food worker, flipping a burger, and then aniamte the text on top. In hind sight this would have been the best choice because I could have had a go at compositing in After Effects, which is something I still need to do.  The third idea (below) was another simple plan. A pizza dlivery driver on the road, and the pizza boxes shuffel about as the bike hits a bump on the road to reveal the 'Street Food' logo. This animation seemed simple to start off with  but creating the street and buildings actually take alot of work, and it is not possible to repeat them. I attempted it but it was clear, where I had repeated them. Also, the main reason I diddn't use this is because it is too close to Pizza, (one type of food) and I wanted to show a diversity of fast foods.
So I went back to my origional idea to see if i could infact take a 10 second idea into a 5 second aniamtion.

I made a quick story board and then started aniamting:

One Small problem I faced was delaying some of the trucks that passed by, this was because I diddn't want the screen to be still when the sign came up. The final bumper looks preety good, it could be a little lighter but I like the contrast between the sunset and buildings, also the darkness makes the text on the board stand ot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment